Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FTOPS is over, time to re-evaluate

It's been well over two weeks since the last update, and I think is time to punish readers again with my incredible bad English grammar and endless rants. After all, those of you reading these lines have already shown a likelihood for pain, so I won't feel any guilt if your head hurts after reading.

What happened in my poker life since we last spoke? There is a very easy answer to that question: I lost. I lost when I was ahead, I lost when I was behind, I lost when I was flipping, I lost whenever I had a chance to lose.

FTOPS was a particularly painful experience for me. I had some semi-deep runs, some bubbles, and one hand to add to my own "will haunt me forever" list: Lost AA vs AK all in preflop, for the chip lead, in event #20, a $216 Rush event, with 12 players left. Short after I ran 55 into 66 blind-vs-blind, and finished in 11th place. End of the "bad beat stories" section.

One of the first consequences of my recent run is that the quest for SNE has been put on hold. I am not willing to dig a deep make-up hole for the sole purpose of achieving certain status. My playing schedule for the next weeks will be focused on small-mid buy in MTT's with the addition of Sunday Majors. There will be no 24-30 tabling sessions until I figure out what I've done wrong lately...and there HAS to be something wrong.

Today I had a 2 hours HH review session with "Herschelw", and we found a couple details that needed some work, although those details alone don't justify my recent results, so I will go through many more hands until the criminal is spotted, detained, and put under custody. I am of the idea that if there is smoke, there's a fire somewhere, and I can not let this one grow anymore than what it already has. Besides reviewing my own play, I will be watching videos and reading good strategy articles in days to come.

Meantime, my group sessions have been getting better and better, with more guys joining us every week (I have opened the sessions to guests who can join us for I consider a great price), and the guys seem to be thinking and approaching the game in a more effective way. We had our biggest score to date for $25K when one of the guys finished 3rd in the FTP 150K two Sundays ago.

A week ago I sent an article to Card Player Magazine that will appear in their "Hand for hand combat" section. I believe is a decent one, but everybody will have a chance to judge once it gets published. I was nervous about it, because many good players will read it and maybe think is bad.

In the next 2-3 days I plan on sending my new series of videos to Pokerpwnage. I received feedback pointing out the mistakes made in the first videos, and expect to do a much better job with the new ones.

So far this is all, good luck everybody

Andres

3 comments:

  1. write more offern bro,i really enjoy reading ur blogs.keep going bro peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. melón, te he estado buscando en facebook pero hay 3000 Andres Pereyra mas. No te encuentro. Agregame tú o algo. Buscame por Kike Expósito.

    Un saludo de tu dj alicantino favorito!!

    Ale, me voy a la cama.

    ReplyDelete