Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Very busy weeks...

I have been extremely busy lately; playing a lot, doing 4-5 coaching sessions a week, dealing with family routine, making my first series of videos for Pokerpwnage...I am really tired.
Lat night I had to take a plane to San Francisco, show up at the Spanish consulate, give them some papers, and 2 hours later take my plane back home. Fun day to say the least, but it's done and now I can buy my tickets and go visit my dad in Spain next month.
Pokerwise the last two weeks were really bad. I made a couple decent final tables, but overall the results were awful. I do feel like my game is fairly good, and have faith on doing good in the upcoming FTOPS. I sold 15K worth of action in 48 hours, and will be playing most events, including the 1-2K's, 200-300r, multi entry Main Event, etc. The fact that people I don't even know decides to invest in me gives me confidence, and hopefully their trust will be rewarded.
Because of all the different activities I was involved, my SNE pursuit suffered, and right now I only have 70K VPP's. It's not too bad if we take in consideration that I started January 12th, but I would feel better if my count was at 90-95K by now. My plan until spring break is to play exclusively on PokerStars during week days, with the sole exceptions of those FTOPS MTT's.
Regarding coaching, I had two really good weeks, not just because I keep getting hired for private sessions, but also because some of my permanent students are improving their results month after month. In the last week they have won the PS 10r, 101r1a, FTP 20r, UB 10 and 20K, and made countless final tables. I have the strong feeling that at least two of them will turn into very well known and respected players in the near future.
On Monday we had a special guest in the group session: Alex "AJKHoosier1" Kamberis joined us for almost two hours, and my conclusion after the session is simple: I could listen to him talk about poker for an entire week and never get tired of it. His thought process, explanations, analysis...everything was incredibly rich, well said and enriching. I will consider myself fortunate if one day I am half the player than he is.
I mentioned that I've been making my first series of training videos. As I type this lines, Jerry "herschelw" is putting them together and about to post them in the Pokerpwnage site. I am terrified, and deep inside I hope everybody rates those videos really bad, so he can't ask me for more :)I think that's all for now.
 Thank you for reading, and my apologies if I am not giving updates more often. I will do my best in the future.

Take care everybodyAndres

2 comments:

  1. AS...

    Was hoping you would be updating your blog more frequently as you stated earlier in Jan when u began the SNE Quest...

    I HATE reading about poker and watching videos on poker... so you do a good job of getting to the point.

    As you know... hersch and I have our differences... and that will sort itself out.... I was curious (and asking publicly is a BIG EGO BLOW for me), would you have the time to take another student?

    I am a CASH PLAYER... I dabble in MTTs and never really tried to move up.. I think im like 170% ROI on Tilt in the 24 GTDs... I have won them all except the 42K. Also FTd the Fight (only time I played it)... and shipped the $150 - 60K GTD (played maybe 20 Buy Ins above 75)....

    Let me know, I would be interested!

    tnbigblinds
    tenbigblinds@gmail.com
    www.tenbigblinds.com

    PS - GL US ONTHE FTOPS BAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been really glad after reading this blog as the knowledge which has been given via this blog is simply tremendous. I would congratulate and appreciate the blogger for doing this much hard work.
    Play Bingo Game Online, Cash Bingo Games, Bingo Money.

    ReplyDelete