Saturday, April 17, 2010

Poker players are dangerous people...

I just received this email from my very good friend, and president of the Alaska Poker Association, Wayne Mc Gregor:

More pressingly, tonight, the Department of Revenue entered our premises while we were having a $30 RB tournament. It felt like a bust, they had troopers with automatic weapons, etc, but what they wanted was APA documentation and records. No arrests were made, probably scared a few of my friends but that was it, they just wanted to get whatever they could on me...they did the same at my house and retail store, unfortunately scaring the crap out of my son and grandchildren. So, they have taken any records they could find, my money, the tournament money, our phones and computers and our bank account stuff. Nobody was cuffed, arrested.

The person who greeted me at the door was none other than our favorite guy at DoR, Scott Stairs, plus I finally got to meet the person who questioned Guido's at their fundraiser back when all this against us started back in September. Well, I knew eventually they would come after me and the APA because we were willing to stand up for what we believed was clearly legal. Records I saw, made it clear they had people buy tickets to various fundraisers but they never acted at the venues. They have been trying to take out me and their problem would be over but I'm willing to keep on fighting.

I guess they would rather push poker more and more underground and put us players at risk.



The thought process leading to the decision of calling poker "an illegal activity" has to be worth a scientific study: Sir, you just raised AJ from the button, you are a felon, and your future is full of JAIL, JAIL, JAIL".

In the state of Alaska you can carry an arsenal in your truck, but you can't play poker in public; you have to hide like a rat. The reason behind must be the likelihood of you slicing somebodies throat with the Ace of Spades; we all know it's more dangerous to walk around with a deck of cards in your pocket than it is to do it with a fucking AK-47.


Good luck Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment