Monday, April 26, 2010

Mixing up

I just got done with today's session. Played a handful of mid-stakes MTT's, cashing in most of them, and making the final table in the UB $20R, where I finished 4th. I'm pretty sure I have made a FT on UB every day I played there for the last 2 weeks, but I have not won a tournament yet.

I also played satellites for FTOPS events #11 and #12. I won 2 seats for each one of them, and bubbled two more, which was very unfortunate because I was planning on playing the 1K event had I won those extra seats. I could have played it anyways, but last week was a verybad one, and I want to lower my average buy ins until I recover from it.

I added 18 and 180 players SNG's on the mix, and I did pretty good in them, which made me feel good because I had not played them in over a month. Only 2 $38 180's filled up while I was registering, and I got 2nd in one ( lost AQ to JQ AIPF with even stacks), and bubbled the another one, KK to 66 for the CL, sigh.

Those tournaments remain as soft as ever, and despite what most people say, I am of the opinion that the massive amount of regulars make them even easier. Most of the SNG grinders are as bad as it takes, the only difference between them and the fish is that they stop limping when antes kick in. Their obsession for being "un-exploitable" turns most of them into the most exploitable players around. There are a handfull of them that make my day when they are at my table.


Yesterday I was going to post my summary for the day, but I was so angry and frustrated at the end of it, tht the post would have easily turned into a bad beat one. Basically, the day can be explained like this:

UB $20R, 15 left, AQ lost to 88 AIPF.

UB $50 1R1A, 4 left, AQ lost to KK AIPF.

FTP $30R, 42 left, AQ lost to 88 AIPF for a top 3 stack.

FTP $26, 42K, over 2,000 runners, 48 left, AQ lost to 99 AIPF for a top 3 stack.

PS $109, 125K, 20 left, AQ lost to 88 AIPF for a top 3 stack.

Right now I am looking at a note on my laptop that says: "Don't you ever fucking play AQ ever again".

Overall it was another losing Sunday; not a strange thing considering I have only had 4 winning ones since Nov. 2008.

I'll play some FTOPS events this week, but other than that I do not plan on changing what I did today. My quest for the rankings will have to wait one more week at least, lol.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment