Monday, May 3, 2010

A Sunday win, the process of picking up students, and the dumbest MTT I've ever played

I won a tournament on Sunday! Yes sir, as amazing as it sounds, there was a tournament played on Sunday, with more than 2 players in it, that had my name at the top of the prize pool.

Now you might be thinking if it was the Sunday Million, or the FTP 750K, or the FTOPS Main Event. The answer, my friend, is no. Who cares about those donk festivals when you can win the $26 15K guaranteed Rush Turbo? Now, that is a dreamed event. 1,800 runners, $7,600 for first, over in 2 hours, and the rest of the day at your disposal so you can dump your winnings around.

I won't lie, having a first place finish felt so good, I had forgotten what it was like. My last MTT win was on March, in the PS $109 40K. Ever since, I had accumulated around 25 final tables with no victories, and it was getting old.

Other than that, it was an OK Sunday for me, I felt like my game was really good, and I could have made at least two more final tables, both on UB. I played the FTOPS ME, and after 4-5 hours of play I busted whit 77 against A3os all in pre flop for a 50BBs pot at 800-400-100. In the rest of majors nothing happened either, and the only one where I went semi deep was the UB 200K, but I lost a 4 way all in pot with KK vs AJ, AQ, and 44, when a 4 fell on the turn, sigh.

Changing the subject, this week I will pick 5 students. It is a new and exciting venture, to which I will dedicate myself for the next 6 months. I have a friend whom I've been helping in daily basis for the last 8 months, and there are quite a few persons who ask me for advice regularly, but this is going to be different. We will set weekly coaching sessions, we will review HH's, I will rail them, and hopefully I will help them to become better players.

One last note:

Playing $20 tournaments with 27,000 runners, 2 day events, is the single most stupid thing a human being can ever do, period. And if you don't agree with me, it's because you didn't single table the SCOOP L event for 5 hours, after all your others tournaments were over, and for a total of 12 hours of play, just to bust 200th for not even $300. If I'm ever found playing one of those again, you are welcome to remind me how stupid I can be.

This is gonna be a big tourneys packed week, may the luck be on your side.

2 comments:

  1. andre ur so right about the scoop. i finished like 300th. 2 flips AK v TT and 66 v A9 and i am out for $200. I was sinngle tabling it for like the last 3 hours.....

    whats the requirement to be one of your students???

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratz to your "rush-win" ;)

    ...and thx for being so kind answering my questions on BBP!

    gl andres!

    ReplyDelete